Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Chicken and Vegetable Detox Soup


Chicken and Vegetable Detox Soup

I had some in my FIT FAM making this soup and had to try it on my own.  I added a few things that I found in other recipes and I have to say it was very tasty and pleasant to eat.  Now was it something that your taste buds would die for?  Nope!!!!  But it had everything in it I like to eat – minus the mushrooms…LOL




Ingredients
            2 tbsp olive oil, divided
            1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
            1 onion diced
            2 carrots, peeled and diced
            2 celery ribs, diced
            2 cups of broccoli florets
            4 cloves garlic, minced or minced garlic from my spice rack
            16 ounce mushrooms, thinly sliced or whole however you prefer
            ½ tsp dried thyme
            ½ tsp dried oregano
            8 cups chicken stock
            ½ cup uncooked orzo pasta
            1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
            2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves or parsley flakes from my spice rack

Instructions
Boil your chicken with salt and pepper (which is what I did, because we are very picky about chicken being cooked all the way) or heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large stockpot or dutch oven over medium heat.  Be sure to dice chicken first before placing in oven.  Cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes per side.
If you boiled your chicken, shred it so you can add it to your soup.
In another pot add remaining ingredients with the shredded chicken.  Cook, stirring occasionally.  I let ours simmer on the stove for about 30 minutes.

This soup is very low in calorie and had all the foods we love in it.  It was one of the coldest days of the winter so far and this soup was perfect for that day.  Hope you enjoy it as we did.
XXOO
JANELL

No comments :

Post a Comment